Sunday, November 13, 2016

Red Desk Makeover Last Year

Last year my son and I were driving to my brothers house and found this stain desk on the side of the road for free.

There was no way I was passing by this one.

The desk didn't need any gluing!! This thing was solid.
I sanded it all down with 120 grit sandpaper. I believe good prep work will make your finish last longer. I do not want my finishes to fail. I make sure there is a good bond on all furniture I do. I think Gracie Face approves!!

When working on the drawers I make sure they are solid and glue them if needed.

After sanded I start the first coat of paint. If I'm distressing a piece of furniture I do not Prime because I want to send through to the wood.

Then I do the second coat.

Now to wait for the paint to dry and take a selfie!



I always paint the inner lips of the body where the drawers go.

Now it's time to scuff the desk.

I use 220 grit sandpaper and lightly go over the paint. In some spots I remove the paint all the way down to the wood.

I went over all the paint with a dark wax for a finish.  It protects the paint.

I stained the top and finished with polyurethane.

That is how this beautiful desk was done.



No comments:

Post a Comment